Medical Doctors and Patients


Do you know what this bag holds? For some it holds death for others it holds life.

Who is a Medical Doctor? If you don't know then here is the link. Who is a patient?

A doctor is someone we visit when we are ill. I know some are good and some are literally playing with patient's life. I have heard plenty of stories here in Kuwait. But everyone of us has visited a doctor at some point in our life.

Below are three different examples:

A patient keeps visiting a doctor for headache for several weeks and the doctor keeps giving them pain killers. A few months later the headache becomes severe and few family friends advice that they should visit another doctor and guess what they find out? The patient had a brain tumor and is in the last stages. Few months later the person passes away!!! Here is a life is gone and the doctor is still alive. He/Her is not affected in any way and will keep working or shall I say taking more lives.

Now here is my example of visiting a good dentist. A few years back I visited Salwa clinic as my tooth was half broken and I couldn't bare the pain so went to get it taken out. Generally doctors don't even care but my conversation with her started like this ' I hate dentists' she looked at me with a smile and said 'Why? we don't bite!' and that's how it all started. She treated me so well that I was amazed. She advised me not to take out my tooth and she worked on it and did my root canal. I had several visits including on her day off she went with me to the Salmiya medical center to do my major root canal there.

And lastly here is an example of a patient who never visited doctor as she was too scared getting the treatment and when finally she collapsed and wanted to get back to a normal life it was too late. She left everything in GOD's hand from the beginning. Her both kidneys were weak and after dialyzes they found out that she had breast cancer and couldn't treat her even with chemotherapy as her body was too weak to take that strong medicine. Within 2 months a walking lady was laid to rest in peace.

So here is a peace of advise for all of us? There is nothing better than a normal and healthy life. Health is a gift. If you are ill get up and visit the doctor. If you cant visit ask someone in your family or friend for help. Don't just sit on things that you will be fine some day. If you don't feel good with one doctor visit the other one. There are plenty others in the country. Its true that GOD is the one to give us the cure apart from our medicines. But remember GOD helps those who help themselves.

Comments

Mar8adoosh said…
I hate doctors madre laish :(
I'm always scared when I go.. I have to go to the dentist bas I'm so scared and a5af yo9al lail il3a9ab bas magdar aroo7 :(
Anonymous said…
Mar8adoosh: miss chatterbox get up and head to the Dr or this time I am calling mom ;p I am serious don't delay it get it checked sometimes the problem is not that big in the beginning then it becomes later...so what are u waiting for? want me to hold ya hand and take u ;p
Mar8adoosh said…
ur mum wila mine ? ;p

la amu chithe asti7y ana not infront of everyone ;p
Anonymous said…
very well said , and i'm sure it will relate to each and every reader :)


looooooool @ mar8adoosh
Missy said…
I love doctors but I hate hospitals ;p
Hamitaf La B. said…
I absolutely hate doctors and I always avoid going... never had a good experience with any of them in Kuwait...

But your right... avoiding doctors does not solve the problem...

Allah eshafee jamee3 el martha oo 3asa enshalla dayman etkoon eb 9a7a oo 3afya... with the occasional sick days ;p
Grey said…
I still have a big crater in my tooth , afriad to go to dentist in Salmiya .. dont mind wait for another 6 months till i go vacation to India to fix it .
blog said…
i hate hate hate doctors and hospitals :@
Anonymous said…
Mar8adoosh: Whoever you want me to go and visit? :$ ;p :)

Anonymous: thanks...

Missy: then how do u get yourself treated when you are sick ;p

Hamitaf: when you know the reason then you shouldnt avoid the problem get it fixed!

Grey: Ops!! I hope you get it fixed on your visit :D
Anonymous said…
Amarantine: OUch!
Aurous said…
I've heard so many stories about doctors who got their patients' die because of something they didn't do right!

but what about all the patient that didn't die?
you rarely hear a story of a doctor who actually did something good for his/her patient; not because they don't exist, but because it's not interesting to gossip about!

I don't deny that there are many many many bad doctors, but when it comes to my health I'll go to as many doctors as it takes.. :)
Squirreliya said…
very well written.. w mithel ma ygol elmathal "el9i7a tajj 3ala roos el a9i7a2" ..el7emdillah 3ala ni3mat el 9i7a wel 3afya :)
Anonymous said…
I don't take medication. It doesn't do me any good.
MeeMzZ said…
i hate doctors and i hate hospitals and what i hate the most is the dentist i would never go to that place i'm soo afraid from them and the tools they use and the sound oooooh my godd everyone holds me so i don't move 7alaaa!!;O
Journal Entries said…
nafsiyaat il dr. is something really important .. i love drs who joke around.. makes the process much more enjoyable!
Big Pearls said…
nice post..especially that is related to my profession:)
Smart-y said…
lol ana kalit'ha m3a el dekatra!!
jeldya oo asnan oo ta3'theya! LOL! :P

bs now i'm ok el 7imdallah :)
mn fatra le fatra asawy check up.

bs what i hate is when i go to another doctor! 7ta law ma estifadt mn ely ana 3nda now.. i hate to go to another, a7s ta3awadt 3leeh ma3anny mu mestfeed!! =(

oo enshallah ya rab kelena enkoun healthy! (w wealthy b3d :D!!) oo ma ne7taj dekatra!
Anonymous said…
God bless you amu :)
well written.
Anonymous said…
Aurous: well look you said at the end that you will visit as many dr when it comes up to ur health so the same advise goes for everyone!

Squirreliya: so true :)

anamethystworld: awww but still its good that ur healthy :)

MeeMzZ: Dont hate them..they are the ones for our good!

A Journal Entry : Dr's who joke around are so good cuz they make u forget ur pain and know what is exactly wrong with u :)

Big Pearls: thanks, I hope you are a good dr ;p

Smarties: Regular checkups are always good :)

ZaMaHReeR: cheers mate :)
I dont like going to doctors Amu:( bs shklk care about our health thats why u post it and I really want to thank you for that:) *changing mind whenever sick lazim seeing doctor*
Anonymous said…
Last time i went to a doctor was 6 years ago when i had lazik eye surgery :D
Awalan: That song eli 7a6ha on ur page gives me the chills madre laish, a7s the woman is whispering the words into my ears... *shudders*

O thanian: NOOOOO who cares about health! Dont be healthy.. 3ashan lama at3ayan I dont go broke :p looool
Navy Girl said…
dude you know me i dont do dc. i go and cure myself bro7y i know how to lol :D

Popular Posts